PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA, Thieving B@st&rds
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2006, 07:22
hpcock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British Airways has provided CCTV's at ALL areas at LHR and LGW where baggage is handled and on many of our aircraft CCTV's are installed in the holds themselves. I suggest anyone who accuses BA's men of theft is either lying to make a fraudulent insurance claim (whoever would do such
a thing!), the bags have gone astray or labels gone missing.[/quote]

Bealine

I take it from your post/quote above that you either work or have worked for BA. I worked at LHR for 4 yrs back in the mid 90's and had a stint as a BFO. I can catergorically tell you that I have seen not only BA staff (ramp handlers & ground staff), but many others from various airlines, having a good root around & pilfering from a number of lost luggage offices.

One example I remember vividly, was a BA member of staff walking out of Term 1 international arrivals @ LHR with 3 sets of brand new skis, & 2 guitars. I would estimate that lot probably put some poor punter out of pocket to the tune of nearlly GBP3000 - 4000.

It was also pretty rife at the interline shed, where it was & probably still is so easy to take a bag of the line, into one of the offices & strip it to pieces.
Yes, we have also been guilty of nabbing the odd carton of fags or a bottle of scotch, but pls do not say that BA staff catergorically do not steal from the airport when clearly they did, & I know that they still do. By the way, this last part of the sentence is continually clarified to me by a number of people that I still keep in touch with at LHR, and many of them work for BA!!

All the best

HPC