PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet basing policy
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2006, 23:41
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverfox6 - I realise that English is not your first language, and I therefore assume you have not understood what has already been written. At the risk of repeating myself, no one at easyJet gets any advantage whatsoever from being of a particular nationality. That is FAIR - not some half-baked scheme to put those with vested interests ahead of everyone else in the queue. I am delighted to see that this is how easyJet operates - it is transparent and should be even more so in the future. There is no doubt that in the past the transfer list was set in concrete - but the concrete remained wet! I believe in recent times that has been less of the case - although undoubtedly defficiencies still exist. This is yet another advantage of a strong BALPA.

Also, regarding your statement that easyJet has a policy of 'mandatory start at an English base' - you are totally wrong. If you take a job with easyJet you go where the vacancies are - that may be an English, Scottish, Irish, French, German or Italian base. If that happens to be somewhere in England then that is where you will go. Inevitably, with so many bases in England, the statistical chances are that you will go there but that is not guaranteed. As a new starter you should go right to the bottom of the pile - that is FAIR. You then take your turn and wait for a vacancy at your chosen base. The more popular bases will be over-subscribed, so you may have to wait a long time for the base of your choice such are the laws of supply and demand. If you do not like the system you should not join - it is clear and unambiguous what the deal is.