PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profiling - Straw Poll
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2006, 21:59
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spork
I think that would be part of the profiling. That said it depends on how people are profiled and who is doing the profiling. For example the fact that someone has a certain level of MOD clearance is sensitive information in itself and I would think, though I don't know, that the Police, for example, would not be aware of such a clearance if they checked someone's criminal history (the Police being severely limited on what computerised records they can keep) MI5, on the other hand, I would think and hope, have access to a much wider range of information. Of course the different departments of HMG are notorious for withholding info from each other.

I don't know which part of HMG MI5 work for, though I would assume it's the Home Office, therefore I would assume that MI6 is part of the Foreign Office and those two ministries NEVER talk to each other. Also what does MI stand for in both those names ? Is it Military Intellengence ? Which would infer MOD. Mental note to ask my Father, recently retired RAF flyer and Officer...