PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the culture at Cathay like?
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2006, 18:56
Max Reheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Five Greens,
I'll get on to the assessment board in a moment.... first though, English is indeed my first language and I now realise and admit my 2 mistakes; one of omission and the other of poor proof reading! I'm sorry the omission of the word 'am' as word 2 of the last paragraph causes you so much angst! I don't think it changes the sentiment or meaning in any way. By the way you could correct the two spelling mistakes in your reply, dated 13th Aug @ 14.01!!!
The review board I would guess is here to stay, so let's all just get on with the job in hand and fly aeroplanes and have a damned good time doing it, rather than all this wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth. It is not going to get anyone anywhere!
On the subject of books... Everything is written down, clearly and logically; you just have to know where to look. I guess we could combine all the manuals into FCOM 3 and have an enormous index. Alternatively, we could keep the system of manuals we have and learn to use them, that comes with exposure and experience, oh, and a bit of hard work. We could produce briefs and guidlines for everything, but then there would be no fun in watching our junior colleagues running around with their hair on fire trying to figure out who likes what, when it comes to check time!!!
We have to trust the guys to do the hard work themselves, this is after all one of the biggest prizes in aviation... it must be because you are still here chasing it!
Cheers