PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2006, 18:36
captwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently, AL recalled their cadets from 2001. Management tried to erode Ts & Cs, but senior pilots in the company objected and management had to back down. It's up to senior pilots in companies to put pressure on management to protect and improve Ts & Cs for themselves and new recruits.

I find it interesting how low-hours pilots in Europe avoid instructing at the cost of a TR. In the US and most other parts of the world, you can expect to be instructing until your reach 1500hrs. How many low-hour pilots in the US shell out for a TR?

Quote: There are those here that are going to tell me one cant make a difference. I have heard it before but if they all directed their effort from telling me it cant be done to telling others what should be happening, things might just change! We do however need to channel our efforts in a constructive way and giving advice or gently persuading new pilots to stand their ground for what they deserve is a very good place to start!
I completely agree with you. The unnecessary dangers of paying for a TR should be publicised, and should be highlighted by experienced, well-respected pilots. Things can change for the better but we need less talk, more action! Get off the fence!

It's all very easy to say young low-hour pilots should not pay for a TR, but who has the nerve/patience/discipline to turn down a chance of an airline job in the belief that another airline will pay for their TR? If they don't get a job, the interest on their loans will mount up. While instructing should be a great job, you'll hardly make enough for loan repayments, especially if you've paid for a integrated course and a TR and/or FI unless you had funds ready for such a situation.