PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2006, 17:52
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mister Geezer, No one here disagrees that it is bad to buy a type rating but when experienced guys like yourself, make very informed comments on this forum, those comments will have a bearing on some of those PPruners who dont have the experience or industry knowledge to realise how much of a detriment it is to their over all situation. They are the same PPruners who have been told it is acceptable, and believe it is ok to spend anywhere between 60K and 100K on a license by their FTO!

Sadly, many new FATPL holders think their only option is to buy a type rating straight after their training and unless we as professional, employed pilots tell them that schemes like this are not in their or our best interests, the message wont get through and it will hurt us in the long run. Not to mention the fact that I dont have any desire to see my fellow colleagues shell out money they dont have to spend!

My views are selfish because I dont want my future pay and conditions undermined but at the same time, I genuinely feel for those who shouldnt, but are, paying more than they need to! There are those here that are going to tell me one cant make a difference. I have heard it before but if they all directed their effort from telling me it cant be done to telling others what should be happening, things might just change!

MG, I seriously mean no disrespect to you because you have some very valid points and obviously know your stuff but the apathy in today's industry really annoys me! Im not saying we need to strike or similar, that would be impractical. We do however need to channel our efforts in a constructive way and giving advice or gently persuading new pilots to stand their ground for what they deserve is a very good place to start!