PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 15th Aug 2006, 16:13
dryyoureyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirvival,

If you take BA as an example they won't let you do the sim assessment until you're within 6 months of being able to start with them. Take your terminal leave into account etc and that means about 10-12 months before your actual exit date before you can interview (allow a month or so for them to process your application and offer you an assessment date). For me, I stop work in Oct and get paid 'til Feb which ties-in with my NJ start. More luck than judgement!

It's too early for you now as it's unlikely that they'll offer you a place and count on you joining when you could easily change your mind - or get a better offer - in the interim.

My advice would be to attend the BALPA Employment Conference (details on their website) which gives you a good idea of recruitement windows and a feel for what companies will suit you. They are all very different in what sort of lifestyle they offer and NJ appealed to me far more than up to 10+ years as a co-pilot doing short haul for a major carrier - but that's an indiviual thing.

Timing is everything and most companies recruit guys with a view to getting them started within a few months.

Hope this helps - my last 2 years have flown by no pun intended, so make sure give yourself time to have your licence, med etc all sorted and current before you start punting for a job.

Good luck