PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expats In Myanmar Plz Help
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2006, 07:17
safelife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it the official way, no scotch involved. But it's no problem at all. The bigger part is to lookup things from their AIP, i.e. like what's the beacon frequency in NYU, what's the airport fee in MDL, etc.
The other part is knowledge from the "aircraft manual" (no, that's their air law book). Some parts are even from 1936!
Get it ahead of the exam, it's fun to read! Nothing applicable to the way we fly nowadays though.

The exam is taken in the "flight academy". I found the biggest challenge to be getting rid of all the mosquitos there, especially the aggressive asian tiger one. I never saw them at all anywhere else in Yangon.
So come with long sleeves and insect repellant...

After that you need to see the "Director Flight Check" (rather nice guy) in the DGCA building, he will collect like 140 US$ and issue your validation. Often they like to know the email address of your CAA from you, so they can write them and ask for confirmation that your licence is true and valid...

The validation is normally limited to the remaining validity of the licence it is based on, if you renew your licence, you need another validation. And does include all limitations, even where such limits don't exist in local airlaw.