PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 15th Aug 2006, 02:26
LD Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigWhiteRat
In three words - IT'S NOT PERSONAL

The Governments of UK, US , Sinagapore and India have all determined that additional requirements for security are needed and have mandated that this should occur as additional screening and restrictions on cabin baggage.
Oh that's okay then. I'm sorry, but I really had no idea these security procedures were actually so important. I thought they were just being done to p*ss us off. I'm so relieved, now that I know there must be a good reason pilots aren't allowed to carry spectacle cases, or toffee crisps and totally reasurred that these perfectly reasonable measures are being implemented by the UK, US , Sinagapore and India. I shall look forward to the rest of the world joining in so that this totally ineffective and moronic bullsh*t system may at least be consistently applied

In fact, Danny said it so much better than me:

It is high time that Balpa and our representatives exposed these sham security rules for what they are. Just some half witted mandarin making up petty and useless rules to justify their existence with equally inept and stupid people interpreting the rules without thought or regard for the effects they have. If we don't stop them now they will have done the terrorists job for them and they are jeopardising our jobs in the process.

This is not security. This is ineptitude and absolute dumbing down. They are as bad as the terrorists themselves and deserve nothing but contempt. Either we are trusted or we aren't.

(I wish I could write like that!)