PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2006, 18:39
Jes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EUAir

Once again EUAir puts his finger on the key issues.
MSE is a regional airport with a hinterland stretching as far as SE London and East Sussex. For other traffic the hinterland expands considerably, and certainly takes in Greater London.
The State Farm charters were a case in point. Passengers had a 100 yard walk from aircraft to coach, and were whisked away to central London hotels, where they found their bags in their rooms. Can the London airports provide that level of service? Would lapsed time from landing to hotel room have been shorter?
The Norfolk charters will tap into that sort of market, and EUAir's suggestions about other long-distance routes make sense to me.
What impact will the security delays have on routes from the London four, when terminal space is available at MSE?
Turning to European routes, smaller aircraft are needed for domestic and near-foreign services. Twice-daily to Edinburgh and Manchester will be winners, whilst Amsterdam and Dublin ought to become possible, although I'd start them with a daily pm flight.
For MD83s, Malaga and Murcia are bankers, and the winter Geneva could be supplemented by the Canaries. A pal of mine who runs tours is already talking to Esperia about Athens.
I know that MSE is trying to persuade Wizz to open a Polish route: huge market there.
MSE's biggest allies are the M25 and the Dartford crossing.