PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2006, 18:14
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone.

There has been quite a bit of 'thread creep' lately, and for that I apologise. I belive it may have occurred because of the relative silence from the Campaign Group - and again, please accept my apologies for that too.

Although we have been fairly quiet on the public platform, there has been quite a bit going on in the background. I can tell you that I am currently waiting for a response from the MoD to two letters submitted, by me, to them on 4 February 2006 and 11 June 2006. In total, the letters contained a list of some 22 documents that are of interest to me, and included a total of ten questions that I sought answers to.

I had also written to the then Sec of State for Defence, Dr Reid, who replied to me in a letter, dated 17 April 2006. In that letter Dr Reid advised me that the MoD would, indeed, be replying to me.

Having heard nothing at all from the MoD, I took the unusual step, on 4 June 2006, of telephoning the MoD to enquire as to why I had heard nothing at all from them. Not even an acknowledgement letter! I was advised that "We have been busy, you know!", but assured that I would hear from them in approximately one week.

Still nothing.

Well, today a letter should have arrived in the MoD asking for an update on the progress of my six, and two, month old document requests. The outcome of this latest request will determine my next course of action. Rest assured I won't be waiting for a further six months.

Once I have received a reply, I shall post an update.
Thank you all for your continued support and for your patience.

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook