PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KJFK VOR or GPS Rwy 13L / R ( Canarsie Approach )
Old 14th Aug 2006, 14:54
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
misd-agin:
flying a Vref with an approved additive is done all the time for gust is it not?, yet it still may meet the requirements for stabilized approach criteria. besides w/o adequate visual reference from the MAP you have to take the missed at that point, but you can maintain a stable approach on a 3 deg GS from 1500' or 1000' either using Height to be at for a 3 deg GG 3x distance out [9 miles out 27(00) ft very or for ROD in ft/min=5x ground speed.

I personally witnessed a lot of 'dive and drives' with a STEEP bank and that I find worrisome
you know how much time it takes to bleed of speed from your aircraft.

I know you may not be at MDA when you go missed depending on ATC clearance, also if they ask you to mantain too fast a speed say 'unable'. 13L has vasi and ALSF1 13R has VASIS and in bad wx driving in front that rwy [13L] it's lit up like Christmas when that approach is in use
I am sorry if they keep you high for a long time but looks like there's time to stabilize incrementally between the FAF and MAP ???

g'day
rhov

Last edited by rhovsquared; 15th Aug 2006 at 23:15.