PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Flight turned back to UK from JFK
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2006, 10:46
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
I was travelling yesterday LHR-FRA-EWR, I never made the connection due to LHR delays butt ahts another story and understandable in the circumstances.

What puzzled ,me though was that while buying a bottle of water a mobile rang behind me and as i turned round it was answered by a young guy of 18-20 or so . He could have been staff but dressed in baggy trackies , trackie top with large gold chain and no visble passes I didnt think so.

I mentioned this toa BAA person a couple of minutes later about how did he get airside witha mobile and was met with total disinterest. I wont go into the details about him in case someone draws the wrong conclusions but lets just say he was absolutely not air or cabin crew and didnt look like any other aiside employee I have seen either. I might be wrong of course but the 'yeah whatever' response angered me as I checked in my mobile and then spenta fruitless day at FRA trying to get onward connections without having anyway of calling anyone and indeed still havent got my bag , phone house and car keys back.

In these troubled times should there be some clear direction or sign (no point in it being a phone number) about how any obvious suspicions could be reported to without going up to a guy with a shaven head and Heckler and Koch and risk having the teminal closed??

PB