PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Less ‘smoke and mirrors’ airport security; more funding for homeland security.
Old 13th Aug 2006, 23:02
peuce

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm convinced that if the knee-jerkers and do-gooders get their way, there will soon be no travelling public.

In this weekend's papers ... huge headlines about Australian airline security measures having been found wanting. It went as far as to say that "they even allow headphones on board ... which could be used as choking devices".

My god ... perhaps neckties should be banned, or shirts ... they could be ripped up into long pieces ... or worst of all ... BRAS!!! Now they could do some nasty dammage around a neck.

I think we have to get back to some sort of reality. Yes, have moderate security procedures in place ... to deter the nutters. But we'll never be able to stop a fair dinkum highly trained terrorist, who really wants to do some damage. They will always find new loopholes to counter our counter-measures.

If we don't lighten up a bit, the terrorists will win by default ... no one will be bothered flying.