PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk Airport Chaos (hand wringing thread)
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2006, 20:21
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bjcc
My attitude has nothing to do with a previous occupation .....
Your attitude is typical of a certain type of police officer.
Surely the jobs we do, or did for a long time, must have some influence on us?
People often ask if I’m a lawyer. Mostly neutrally, but it has on occasions been preceded by a word beginning with f.

Merchant Adventurer
I agree it’s a pity, but it's happened for years and bjcc almost always brings it upon himself.

I too have encountered many police officers who are "highly intelligent, open-minded" - in every rank from Police Constable up to Chief Constable/Commissioner. I have also encountered many who fall into the other category you mentioned in your first sentence. Mindful of your urging to avoid personal attacks, I resist the almost overwhelming temptation to go further.

I have read many of bjcc's posts on other topics and he clearly has a first rate knowledge of the criminal law and its application.
So have I.
bjcc most certainly does not have a first rate knowledge of either the criminal law or its application. If you'd said motoring and 'street offences' I'd agree.

‘Somewhat anomalous’
In such instances, the more serious the consequences or potential consequences of a police action, the more senior the rank required to authorise it. IMHO, that’s reasonable and sensible. I'd be happy to debate it with you, but we'd be going way off topic.

FL

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 13th Aug 2006 at 20:53.