PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - does cross channel check count as PIUS?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2006, 18:01
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuned,

I didn't say the PPL limited the navigation. The point I was making is that DR backed by visual navigation is the only type examined on the PPL skills test.
Interesting. I was examined on VOR tracking as part of my PPL skills test. Radio nav was covered as part of the course syllabus. We have also already said the you can see France anway and not out of sight of ground features. Previous XC checks do not seem to count, in my experience at least, in that another club I have used wanted you to do with their instructor never mind having already done one recently with another school.

I think you also missed my point re 'inverting' your question. It is not a requirement to go XC channel to have a checkout - apart from a schools flying order book - a point which we have already acknowledged and stated that it would be different in as group scenario where only a group member would be required. As you say, not stipulated by the CAA. So you as you say yourself:

These discussions would be an awful lot shorter if you read the post you wanted to reply to!

If you don't like the conditions of hire then buy your own!
Thanks for your advice but have already done this. Not for this reason but got fed up for paying high sums of money for quite frankly delapidated aircraft with half the bits missing out of the panel.

I hope you make sure there is instruction taking place any time you fly with an instructor. Or do you know everything there is to know about flying light aircraft already, and are you current with practicing all of it? I'm with Gus on this one.
No I dont and there is no reason to do so just because an instructor is sat next to you. No i dont know everything and in fact put myself through a full IPC every year even when, legally, I dont need one. You should always know your personal limitations. I wont execute a priveledge of my licence if I dont feel confident never mind current and at that point I will use either an instructor or a safety pilot dependant on the situation.