PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk Airport Chaos (hand wringing thread)
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2006, 17:02
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
El!

On your first point, regarding security patting each other on the back. You ask, "Is that really happening"

Apparently not no. Which is why we have the current situation.

Your second point. If you had ever had dealings with for example BAA security, you would be aware, they are expressly forbiden to use thier own thinking. They are entirely process driven. Thought is not permitted.

Do you need your laptop? My computer has a button marked 'Print'

Mobiles? You have to wait for your hold baggage anyway, and while doing so, you could use a pay phone. If you really must use your mobile, then wait for it to come out of the baggage shute.

Random searches miss things. Something that stands to reason. 100% searches miss far less.

Baggage thefts. It has nothing to do with Judges or Police. An airport is private property, not a public area. That to an extent limits Police Powers. In any event, it is for the airline to arrange for action such a restriction of what a baggage handler can and cannot take with him airside, and the conditions of search when he goes landside. Most requests from Police to take that sort of action are met with a blanket No. That is then the end of it.

I have no need to use blogs or anything else to denouce a non working method of screening. It doesn't work because there is little training given. Its straight foreward. There is no requirement for that screening, just the policey of the airlines concerned.

The so called inteligent profiling, even if it does work, which I doubt, is reliant on training and experience, something there is a great shortage of. It certainly couldn't be put in place overnight, and probably not for months.

Lastly.

Quote:

"Ridiculous. Someone is trying to do the right thing and you blame them because in your opinion"

Or to put it another way, exactly what you are doing!