PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk Airport Chaos (hand wringing thread)
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2006, 13:29
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bronx

Oh, a Police Constable. I see, so the fact that every member of the British Police Service is a Police Constable (with the exception of some senior members of the Met Police)makes them all Patrol Cops then?

As for questioning Yo and the Bush, I'm in favour, but it wasn't thier decision, that was made elsewhere. Just as you advocate questioning them, why should one not question some of the dafter theories, and doomsday statements being made here.

I very much doubt that scaring the population is a way of increasing popularity. Then again, we are a bit more used to terrorism here than the USA is.

It may come as a suprise that there are people in the press here (BBC News this morning) suggesting excatly what I said, that a permanant ban on hand baggage is actually a good thing.

Ok, so some think this is a cock up, and badly planned (On the last point I would agree) but no one has yet suggested a workable alternative. Inteligence based profilling is labour intensive, not to mention extreamly difficult to introduce and would take a considerable amount of time to train the staff needed. It would increase check in times considerably, and is unreliable.

So what else do you do? Ignore a possible threat? Good idea, that really could cause the doomsday therory put foreward by Final 3 Greens.