PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 13th Aug 2006, 10:22
slingsby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is nothing BALPA can do about the current inept Security Managers at these airports.

The Dtr have made several mandatory instructions, but a majority of what you are suffering now are mearly recommendations, interpretted quite wrongly and to the detriment of all concerned by the Airport Security Managers.

I have seen the briefings, I have seen the notices and I am flabbergasted that such rules and recommendations have been interpreted as absolute. My crew yesterday had to wait for over an hour for their transport after a flight nearly exceeding their FDP, the relief crew had nearly two hours in security. Fortunately nothing was removed from them, so I didn't have masses of gear and goodies to retrive.

Yesterday at LHR if you entered through one end of a particular terminal, you couldn't take pens, lighters, cigarettes or even a poor girls banana (no jokes about eating it please) but yet at the other end through the same terminal, a different security post (controlled by the same control room) you could take your pens, lighters and cigarettes through.