PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the culture at Cathay like?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2006, 03:36
Speedlever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am employed by CX , and have to agree with Max Reheats comments. I have found CX to be a great place to work, the check & trainers are excellent, the aircraft great, and the people I have had the pleasure of working with, to be some of the most dedicated professionals I have ever met.

If you fall foul of the system here, it is of your own doing, if you come here expecting to do it the way you used to, you won't last long. If you have a "better way" of doing the job, the same applies. Everything is laid down in the manuals, or the web site. Yes there are sometimes fleet practices that are not laid down, the reason I believe, is to allow some degree of flexibilty in the operation.

To anyone who has been offered a job here, take it. The pay is good, and you can take a basing in the country of your choice. If you put the work in, you will find that everyone in the training dept has a single goal, to get you
checked to line.

This would be one of the better jobs around, to those who don't like it here, or find the system not of their liking, would you please leave! I know of a dozen guys who would give anything to be part of a growing airline that makes a profit, year in, year out.