PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Flight 93, What actually happened ? [somewhat edited by JT]
Old 12th Aug 2006, 17:40
SUPERMNNN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things are getting more and more interesting.

I requested for a couple of simple airport related questions, getting a lot of professional warnings, instead of straight answers.

Just bought a AIM/FAR 2005 AERONAUTICAL INFORMATION MANUAL/FEDERAL AVIATION REGULATIONS.

Chapter 6, Emergency Procedures

Section 6-2-2 TRANSPONDER EMERGENCY OPERATION
a. When a distress or urgency condition is encountered, the pilot of an aircraft with a coded radar beacon transponder who desires to alert a ground radar facility, should suqawk MODE 3/A, Code 7700/Emergency and MODE C altitude reporting and them immediately establish communications with the ATC facility.

(Comment: so a pilot should squawk code 7700 and Mode C ALTITUDE reporting, before establish communications iwth ATC, this is not what I got from this forum, is it?)

b. Rada facilities are equipped so that Code 7700 normally triggers an alarm or special indicator at all control positions. Pilots should understand that they might not be within a radar coverage area. Therefore, they should continue squawking Code 7700 and establish radio communication as soon as possible.

(Comment: so a pilot should squwk 7700, reporting MODEC ALTITUDE more than once. He should continue squawking Code 7700... INTERESTING.)

Am I reading a wrong book as well as chasing a shadow?

No body can give me a straight answer to question post #48 and #106. No matter how ignorant the questions are, a simple yes or no answer is so hard to get from a professional pilot forum, but all kinds of "professiona advices", remotely related to the questions?

I am afraid that there are a lot of public readers here, watching and learning aviation. At least all my friends, and their friends who are also curious, can be the judge.

Tong Li
SuperNova International, Inc.
1709 Thompson St.
Lansing, MI 48906
email: [email protected]