PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Flight 93, What actually happened ? [somewhat edited by JT]
Old 12th Aug 2006, 13:35
JenCluse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Oh dear . . .

This entire thread reminds me of why, when I was actively flying, if at a party a peson asked me 'what I did' (as Australians are wont) I leant to say I'm a bus driver. This usually involved the almost immediate departure of the questioner.

That was until, on days off, on the way to the Kingaroy gliding club (up country from Brisbane Oz) I risked picking up a hitch-hiker with a single bike wheel under his arm.

After the usual pleasantries the usual question (in Oz) produced my usual answer (bus driver) and immediate intense interest from my pax - 'what depot?'.

I revealed all, we had a laugh, and in the resulting discussion established that bus drivers talk about buses on an overnight, and plane drivers talk about planes.

Please Mr SUPERMNN, accept that you are intensly ignorant of almost of every technical aspect of avaiation, and that it is a good thing that these are anonymous posts.

Your best information source would be for you to join your local flying school/aero club, and learn how an aviation device *really works. (It ain't anything like your TV fantasies. TG.) Eliminate the fantasies. Learn some realities.

"He is a fool who has forgotten what became of his ancestry seven generations before him and who does not care what will become of his progeny seven generations after him."
--Kazakh Proverb