PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk Airport Chaos (hand wringing thread)
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 11:39
fyrefli
The Analog Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Final 3 Greens
Lexx

Whether airlines can or cannot react, BEagle is right in his analysis and it won't be the politicians, mandarins and officials who pay with their jobs.

Time for your industry to apply some very strong pressure on behalf of the pax and employees or it could be a bleak winter season.

I am avoiding connecting via London, so that I can be sure that my laptop, backup files on memory sticks and mobile (which are absolutely essential to my work) will stay safely with me throughout the journey.

When I can carry my laptop on board, I'll start connecting via London once again.
Spot on. Like many others, I'd be liable to prosecution and civil suit if I lost my laptop or memory stick - even if I wiped all personal data off it it still has database connections etc stored. I was going to go to Annecy paragliding (AMS to GVA) at the end of the month. Now I'm changing my monthly outbound AMS to BRS to the end of the month to collect my Bandit from Bristol and bring it back here. Until I can carry my business tools again I'll be riding to Bristol and back - 7 1/2 hours door to door by bike with the Shuttle against typically 5 by air but I have no choice.

This needs sorting very soon.

Cheers,

Rich.