PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk Airport Chaos (hand wringing thread)
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 11:04
Ranger1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand precautions must be taken under the current security situation. That said I have to agree with many comments on this thread, the security measures being taken are over the top in the extreme. Seems to me they have been imposed with little explanation, why for example no books? They are easy and quick to check for hidden items, so why? Are these procedures ours or are we yet again following the US lead? Why are our European cousins not going to these extremes?Seems to me some of these security measures are being imposed because they can and little or no explanation for some bizarre checks are being given. All this can only result in damage to the industry or should I say further damage.

I can’t help thinking that this is all very convenient and has taken our focus away from this Governments terrible foreign policy. I am not saying there was/is not a threat but lets be honest the security services do not have a great record of getting their facts right! Iraq and WOMD springs to mind!

We are paying at the end of the day for living in a country that is too politically correct and too liberal! It is perverse that as a result we are now seeing our freedoms restricted. Frankly as a moderate I am rapidly moving to the right and am becoming very intolerant of certain so called minority groups! Profiling will not happen in this country until our Government wakes up to the fact that we can no longer afford to pussy foot around and start targeting those minority groups these terrorists come from for greater security checking. I am sorry if this sounds racist it is not meant to be but at the end of the day we are at war and it is time we woke up to that fact.

We need to stop getting involved with the Americans and we need to invest in new fuel types to remove our reliance on oil. We also need to stop being so politically correct ! Those who have nothing to hide in those minority groups have nothing to fear but they need to look into their own communities. What happens in Iraq or the Lebanon is of course important to all of us and the ballot box is the place to register your views in this country! The young men who killed innocent citizens last year enjoyed a freedom they would not have had in their ancestral countries of origin and how did they show their gratitude! ENOUGH!

Last edited by Ranger1; 12th Aug 2006 at 11:31.