PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk Airport Chaos (hand wringing thread)
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 10:48
brakedwell

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I think the present restrictions are a typical UK over reaction, considering the weak links remaining in the security chain. I will fly to Munich next month, clutching a clear plastic bag containing my wallet, passport, clean handkerchief and ticket, wondering whether I will be reunited with the camera, sat nav unit and Jaguar keys (electronic key fob) in my insecure suitcase which might or might not have been loaded in the hold. The return journey from Munich, where the authorities have promulgated the following security notice to passengers,will be considerably less stressful.

In compliance with US Homeland Security measures, the Bavarian Ministry of Transport has mandated that passengers on all flights to the United States are forbidden to carry liquids / semi-liquid materials on either their person or in their hand luggage. Passengers should remove all liquid / semi-liquid items from their hand luggage and stow them in their check-in luggage prior to reaching the security check:
Beverages
Beauty and hygiene products such as shampoo, toothpaste, sunscreen and other lotions and creams, hairgel, etc.
Liquids and semi-liquid items such as baby milk / food will be allowed so long as the baby / child is accompanying the adult passenger.
Other liquids such as prescription or OTC medication will also be allowed if the passenger can provide proof that the name on the prescription corresponds with the name on his / her ticket.
Passengers to the United States are also requested, wherever possible, to either reduce the amount of hand luggage they are carrying with them, or else avoid carrying hand luggage altogether, in order to expedite security checks. Passengers should also remove any and all objects from their hand luggage that could pose a security threat and instead stow these items in their check-in luggage prior to reaching the security check.

Passengers are advised to contact their airline directly prior to their flight for further information regarding security restrictions, delays or cancellations or other concerns.

Note - Security for all other destinations is as normal!!!!!