PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 09:53
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Comp Charlie
Hear hear...

Fancy expressing those views to the powers that be?

Addresses aren't too hard to dig out for those that control 'Passenger Policy'

CC
CC: as no-one else has taken you up on your offer, may I? I came out (perhaps I should rephrase that!) in 1973, so have no idea how to go about that, but am willing to try, so would appreciate guidance. The civvie route would be via my MP who would no doubt forward on my suggestion to an MOD apparatchic who would thank me for my interest and assure me that these matters are under constant review but for obvious reasons that I would appreciate no details of present or possible future policy can be revealed! On second thoughts don't bother, I think I've just received the reply from whoever I approach. If your superiors don't take advice from the people at the sharp end like yourself then that is a reflection on them, and on the organisation, and on the service. You end up with pilots forced to fly in tight dangerous formations and who get shot down like china ducks by an opposition that has learned to fly differently. Seems to me that we are back to those days in so many ways, but that is probably non PC in any thread so I'll shut up!