PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 08:58
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking RELAX - Parking is free at the training school and even at work!

Hi guys

Sorry I didn't make an entry last night, but I was completely buggered.

Ok to answer everyone's questions... Parking is taken care of both at training and once you start working. You don't pay a cent. When you start working there is a staff car park near the airport and we all get access cards to that car park and then we hop on a bus and that takes us to the terminal. For training, there is a car park (free of charge) at the training centre.

As far as glasses go, no need to stress. A couple of people in my class wear glasses for reading the board etc... so don't panic.

Ok Let me get back to the diary - Where were we?, Oh thats right;

Virgin Blue Training - Friday August 11, Week 2, Day 5

Well today was the fire drill. We had to get to class at 8am this morning, so you can imagine there were quite a few people almost sleeping during the theory side of the lesson! Then we all went out to the fire station located airside at the airport. This was sooooo much fun. We got to go up into the tower that the firemen use to watch planes land and takeoff so they can see if there is are any problems on take off and landing - and we got to sit in a fire truck - gosh, lucky I am not a firey, it took me ages to get in and out of the truck!!!

After that we went down to actually use fire extinguishers and put out fires. The fire extinguishers we used were like a powder base liquid, so all this white powdery stuff came out. When it was my turn to have a go, the wind changed, and I ended up wearing half of the white powdery stuff as it ended all over me - it doesn't taste so good either. Just a tip.

After that, we went to another section belonging to the fire brigade down by the airport and they have set up a building which is completely black on the inside and filled with smoke (not real smoke, but generated smoke... the type you find at a night club - but not cigarette smoke) - We had to have a walk through in groups of 3 plus the fireman. I couldn't believe how scary and dark it was in there, and was glad to be out.

After that at around 12.30 we went back to the training school and it was lunch until about 1.30. Lunch was good - I went out with a couple of the girls for lunch because I hadn't had time the night before to prepare something - but it was good to be out and about.

This afternoon we did more Non Standard Operating Procedures. It was just really alot of theory - and I don't know how well I am going to do on the exam which is coming up on Monday morning. Eek... I will be losing points on Monday. I can tell you now.

Anyway, will keep you posted as to how Saturday goes. It should be alot of fun as we are doing our security training. From what I can remember, it should be a pretty physical day with all the yelling and self defence we do.

Take care all, talk to you guys over the weekend!

STF