PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foiled airline bomb plan - Well Done!
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 05:14
tablet_eraser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments. 16B, as you above all others know, I speak as I find!

SASless, I see exactly what you're alluding to, and, going back to my first post, I think it can be attributed to the fact that the majority of immigrants to the US are going there to seek an opportunity to better themselves, knowing that Uncle Sam will not tolerate those who would try to steal from him or poke him in the eye! This is, again, where your great nation has a considerable advantage over Blighty. You never subscribed to the liberal claptrap of "multiculturalism". Those who seek citizenship in the USA must consider themselves American above anything else. Yes, new British citizens swear allegiance to the Queen, and yes, we have a citizenship test. But we still allow new British citizens to consider themselves Pakistani, Indian, Polish, or whatever, BEFORE considering themselves British. I do so hate to agree with Lord Tebbit, but it seems that his generally flawed "Cricket Test" actually holds some truth.

It is impossible to prevent a fractured society if the social policy of the day, "multiculturalism", actively encourages division and difference. Encourage collectivism and diversity by all means, but it is becoming clear that the ghettoisation of muslim communities is starting to have a malevolent effect. What did anyone expect? The clearest lesson of human history is that when two different peoples regard each other with suspicion, terrible things happen. Muslims look at the police with fear and contempt, because the cancer of fundamentalism makes them the number one candidate for suspicion. It's a cycle that will not be broken until we all start to understand and respect our cultural heritage.

The flaw in my own argument - or perhaps, its clinching facet - is called "Chinatown".

I found this very interesting:

"I just don't know who would do this kind of thing," said Mr Ullah. "I just cannot understand how anyone could think there is justification for acts against our society, against our community and against our country."

Near to the till in his packed bookshop, Mr Ullah stocks a pamphlet by an Islamic scholar which gives answers to some very pertinent questions: Is bombing and "wreaking havoc" justifiable?

Its 26 pages are dense, hard-going Islamic scripture - but the message is there; these are "shameful acts" that have no justification in Islam.
Here is a man who has clearly embraced his adopted country. He is the sort of person who should be leading the internal battle against extremism that sadly must take place within the muslim community. It would help if Red Ken would stop inviting grotesque demagogues to spread hatred, too.

Incredible how much effort you can put into a post on a night-shift!

Last edited by tablet_eraser; 12th Aug 2006 at 07:10.