PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air bomb plot 'a major threat
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 02:07
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I must take issue with Woomera too. Before I do, let me say that commenting on these issues in an intellectually honest way is not bigotry. Hopefully we will not fall victim to mindless PC censorship in this discussion.

For a start, the Inquisition and the KKK have nothing, fundamentally, to do with Christianity. The first was political, the second supremacist, and although both aligned themselves with Christianity, there is nothing in that faith that permits or encourages either. Jonestown (The Peoples Temple) started out Christian, but went off the rails and ended up with virtually no Christian content - the manner of their deaths being an affront to Christian teaching. The Branch Davidians were closer to Christianity, and in their case their infamy has more to do with the manner of their ending than what they actually believed.

The big difference between Islam and virtually all other religions, is that Islam not only encourages the killing of those who are not adherents, but it also puts in place a legal framework that permits the routine beheading or amputation of those who fail to adhere to what is a very rigid legal framework. How either of those two characteristics can exist in a religion that is described as "peaceful", is quite beyond me.

The leaders of the western countries that are aligned against terrorism, are stuck in a PC hell. They can't denounce Islam, but on the other hand, they know that the more violent teachings of the Koran - the bits that nobody wants to talk about - are how the fundamentalists justify themselves to the Muslim world. Eventually, somebody is going to have to call a spade a spade, as Bush seems to be increasingly doing.