PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Flight 93, What actually happened ? [somewhat edited by JT]
Old 12th Aug 2006, 01:20
SUPERMNNN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhov, thanks. I hate cold and like the heat, lol.

I would make more fool of myself to believe everything anyone tells me without thinking; I would make more fool of myself to do some kind of aviation related research without consulting aviation professionals for valid relavant opinions. Although the principles and methodologies may be correct, each field has its own "technical details". I was hoping that I would had some calm, objective, educational, maybe even humorous, interactive discussions here, as I experienced in other professional places. People are surely sensitive over here.

I had an arguement with one office girl who believes "Loose Change". I watched it and tried to explain to her that FBI did a bad job on the investigations. First, there were too many disasters to handle at one time during 911, second, they might not have enough resources and scientists as FAA(?) has for a regular airline disaster. Thirdly, they just didn't care of technical details. As the result, the reports were full of holes. With some basic data analysis, they could cover most of the qustions. It seemed that they didn't do anything.

"Where were the engines?" that's her strong hold question. Yes, where were the enignes? I started to look into the counter arguements against the "Loose Change". I can't stand them all. They are all pretty loose, not objective and scientific enough. I started to tight up everything by the facts, solid facts. This is what I end up with.

I still like this board, although trying to handle a totally different kind of oppositions than what I used to. I learned a great deal in a very short period of time. The greatest thing is that there are some scientists here, experts in the field, who are reading. Someone may start from here and have everything polished and go to the next level. I know there must be people out there pondering the facts and the analysis in a more critical and analytical fashion.

In a few days, this thread has almost 6000 page views. Someone will come out with a better research. I know for sure. Cheers.

Tong Li