PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air bomb plot 'a major threat
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2006, 00:58
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is probably a bad idea, but I have to correct Woomeras comments regarding what Islam teaches. I'm only offering this as a matter of fact, I have no axe to grind!

Islam, via the Koran, explicitly commands it's adherents to kill all those who are not Muslim, and in particular, Christians. The evidence for this is contained in Surah 5:9, which reads:-

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever you find them, and seize them, beleaguer them and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war) but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."

"Forbidden months" may mean the month of Ramadan (forbidden for fighting- according to some) or in context it appears to mean months of treaty with the Pagans.

The word translated "Pagans" is literally "the associators" or those who have committed the crime of associating a partner with Allah. The Arabic verb is 'shirk', or to associate. The word 'musharikiin' means "associators".

This can only describe Christians, because Christians say (from a Muslim's perspective), that Jesus is equal to Allah. So a native Arabic reader sees "...kill the Christians wherever you find them...."

I would be the first to agree that the vast majority of Muslims are kind, hospitable, loving people. I have spent time in Arab countries and so have first-hand knowledge of this. I have friends who are muslims, and they are great people. However, I have also lived in Bradford and Birmingham in the UK, where the Madrassas (schools) routinely preach hatred and death to all westerners. Hundreds of thousands of young Muslims are being taught that Westerners are the enemy, and that death by strapping a bomb to your chest will bring great rewards in heaven. This is well-known, particularly since 9/11.

The danger of Islam is that it provides a mechanism for mobilising an army, bent on the destruction of anyone who does not convert to Islam. It may not be actively doing this in NZ or Oz, but it is happening in many other countries, including the UK - as we have seen in the last weeks in news reports, with Tony Blair being threatened with death if he does not convert.

Anyway, I offer that purely to redress the balance, as the PC thing to do is to say that Islam is a peaceful religion. By it's own admission, it isn't. Bush got it right the other day when he referred to a "war with Islamic fascists".