PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 11th Aug 2006, 23:40
HighLow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Flew to Gatwick from Dublin as a pax(Friday 8am)
the certain operator i flew with, they allowed ALL hand baggage onto the aircraft -

Flew from Gatwick to Dublin that evening with the same airline NO BAGS ALLOWED,

someone tell me that if security has been stepped up so much, explain why they are allowing aircraft to travel towards Gatwick without undergoing the same 10mile long queues and restrictions as seen in Gatwick South Terminal today.

for these maniacs, it doesnt have to be just outbound trips for them to strike...without ALL airports doing the same security checks it takes away from what the security at Gatwick are trying to achieve...

although the security staff have been working as hard as they can,
the procedures in place over the last couple of days.... i just don't see how the airport will cope....it certainly was streched beyond maximum....

and to finish off just to give an example of how good the security was in Dublin today 6.20am, waiting to check in at Departures......huge long queue......the operator decided to send an agent along the queue asking if any passengers JUST had hand baggages....what happened next i just couldnt believe...especially during these times of heightened security...he hands each of those passengers including myself a PRE-PRINTED boarding card...NOT EVEN THE PASSENGERS NAME ON IT!!! and was told to head to departures..... you think the people at departures wanted to see my passport, NO just the boarding card with NO name on it....and when boarding the plane, the cabin crew involved didn't get a look at my passport...I could have given that BOARDING CARD to ANYONE......it scares me just to think of it......

ONE AIRPORT(GATWICK) complete OVERKILL
ONE AIRPORT(DUBLIN) which operates INTO Gatwick SECURITY NOT GOOD ENOUGH....

QUESTIONS need to be asked!!

HighLow