PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battle of Britain Film
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 21:59
brickhistory

Minutes from a recent meeting of the British Film Development Company (BFD Co.), LTD. Abbreviations are: EP = Executive Producer (the money guy), D = Director, P = Producer (problem solving guy), F = Flunkie (self-explanatory):
D: "So, we've cast the female lead, Kiera is available and definitely interested in the Susanna York role. Clive might be on-board for Shaw's squadron leader chap.....what about the locations?"
P: "Well, we've thought about using some of the original Battle locations, like Biggin Hill or Hawkinge (sp?) or....."
F: "I'm afraid it's a no-go on those. Seems there's not a single Battle of Britain airfield still usable...."
D: "Damn!"
EP: "Oh well, no matter, we can set it in Scotland or some such, won't make much difference....."
D: "Ok, what about getting the aircraft? How did the BBMF take our proposal?"
P: "Well, bit of a problem there as well. Seems Public Affairs doesn't want the RAF to seem warlike, so they are not going to let us dub in the Spitfire and Hurricane going "takatakatakataka." Seems there some sort of anti-fighter gun push on over there......"
Worried looking F hands EP a scribbled note.
EP: "Damn! Damn! Damn!"
D, P look up startled: "What's wrong?"
EP: "Seems after all my investment we are still going to run out of funds by the end of the month, so it will all be for nought!"
After a few minutes, P comes up with: "Well, how about we ask Pprune to harness its power and get everyone who reads it to cough up a fiver? We could raise lots that way?!"
EP, D, and even F, in unison: "It's over, let it go......"
EP: "Well, what about my investment? Did we at least get the publicity stills of Kiera in her webbing we could make into a poster?"

Edited for atrocious spelling, the ones I caught anyway!

Last edited by brickhistory; 12th Aug 2006 at 02:41.