PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broome Air Services.
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 21:11
MaryG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is about BAS not PA. I stand by my comments about BAS. I also agree with your comments about PA, however when asked to comment on BAS I reiterate what I said earlier. The company is run by a few fresh faces these days and they are good people. I am lead to believe PA dosn't even own the whole lot anymore?

On the PA issue. He has burnt many bridges and is known as one not to trust, however which company owner can be? Is BH from Broome Av any nicer? How often do you hear of tyrannical bosses of companies. BAS can be a good place to be if you keep your head down, and away from PA. Mind you, I can't think of anyone who has left there on good terms since daddy got the prodigy an airline job.

Am I contradicting myself? Maybe! But if we are giving advice to a newbee it would be get the hours there and keep your head down, if it dosn't work out you won't be the first, and at least you may have some hours in your log book.
One thing to remember, when doing feather checks in a baron, don't pull the mixtures back. This will tell you nothing about the feathering qualities of the engines, except how they look when they are stopped!