PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Western Australian Aviation College (WAAC)
Old 11th Aug 2006, 21:03
The Mixmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice1 man, I'm hoping they'll give me the option to do the interviews etc in Cranfield, seems a bit much to ask their prospective students to fly out to Oz just to do a suitably test. Would be a complete pisser if you didn't get in!

Personally If I had to go down the self sponsored route I'd do it with WAAC as long as I could do the assessment tests in the UK and get a loan to cover it. If not I'd most likely go with FTE. Cabair and especially OAT don't appeal from my experiences of them and from what I've heard from others, however if I were to get on the Flybe scheme with Cabair I wouldn't give it a second's thought. From what I can make out CTC is the ideal FTO. Cabair, who I've had flying lessons with, have excellent instructors but their ground staff have seemed proper offkey whenever I've been there. I've spoken to OAT marketing reps at the London Air Show and have researched them a lot on here, to be honest the atmosphere of the place and the price puts me off massively.

I'm also considering Stapleford which is significantly cheaper but seeing as their relationship with Barclays has come to an end, I'd find it difficult to fund the course.

Just out of interest have you got one of those professional studies loans to pay for WAAC? As far as I can see they're a max of £25,000 which leaves over £16,000 of course fee's I would potentially need to find. Have you or has anyone else had any problems or issues applying for a bank loan for an FTO that is based abroad? I'm hoping british banks would be receptive seeing as its only one of four JAA integrated courses.

hmm that was quite the essay