PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rep. Of Congo (maybe moving there)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 20:41
Dan Air 87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pointe Noire

I agree with the other postings here. PNR is great fun but you need to be more careful than anywhere else I have been to. Try and get a pass to get into the oil club on the beach as the food is great. If not, try La Piscine which is next door and has a great swimming pool and an even better restaurant. Also, try and get some friends in the other oil firms too. I would avoid the beach as you get hassled there.

Be careful in the town at night as well. Its barmy but I quite enjoyed the place and the airport just has to be seen. You name it-its flying out of there. I have seen Islanders and some Soviet stuff plus the odd DC9 etc. Also, be sure to keep your tank full of fuel-sometimes there can be chaos when there is a delivery to a filling station and everyone is short.

Great range of restaurants too so you won't go hungry. There is a good Chinese and also there is a small place towards the harbour that has a Sunday night buffet with a live band who are brilliant. Will try and remeber the name of this place but it was a real blast. Also, there is a good supermarket that stocks most things that you will need but remember it is expensive.

Final piece of advice. Enjoy!