PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foiled airline bomb plan - Well Done!
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 15:20
psy clops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just as a matter of interest, why did these 24 (?) youths want to commit suicide (a non-islamic act I understand)?

I’m guessing, because they don’t like America.

Why then don’t they like America?

Perhaps because they have had a lot of brainwashing during Friday prayers?

Okay then, why have they had volumes of anti-American c*ap forced down them, and why are they so hell bent on destroying the good old US (plus appropriate hangers-on (possibly including NZ!))

Seriously I would like to know the answer to that question. WHY do these young guys want to do this? New Scientist tells me that most suicide bombers are graduates, so I guess that they are not stupid. Arm loads of virgins is not a good enough answer either!

This is a reasonably new phenomena isn’t it – at least as far as extensive Muslim hatred towards America is concerned? Palestine is a different matter of course, and clearly understandable. I know too that JI have been strutting their stuff for years and there have been incidents in Malaysia for literally hundreds of years, but nothing on this scale. I’m just interested in the anti-American sentiment now. Perhaps if we could find that out, some things can be explained.

I’ve dropped my share of PWII btw (some of which hit the target!), I’m not a bleeding heart liberal, but I do think that “hanging’s too good for them” is a little short sighted in this instance. Perhaps we are p*ssing people off with what we do and say? Or are we always in the right? I’m not condoning their actions at all, but sometimes knowing why helps. Perhaps I AM a bleeding heart liberal!

C’mon down cowboys!