PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 11th Aug 2006, 14:28
Bob Mckenzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew Issues (let's try and stay on topic here)

Yes, the Pilots should be given special consideration. As it has been pointed out in previous posts, we have control of the aircraft that contains thousands of liters of a volatile liquid.

No beverages. That's fine, as long as I can be supplied with bottled water on board. The food issue is different. I have food allergies and have therefore always self catered. I have a Pilot friend that is hypo-glycemic and has a very specialized diet that also requires him to self cater (before the non-pilot community asks, I'll state that he is allowed to be a Professional Pilot with this condition with the restriction on his License that he is only permitted to operate as part of a two person crew, i.e. no single Pilot).

Policemen walk through security with their Automatic weapons. This is allowed because they have a uniform and ID. The security people do not know them. Why should it be different for Pilots? It would be much harder to impersonate a Pilot to the point where you have control of the aircraft in flight than it would be to impersonate a Police officer.

This is madness!
BM

( I think the forum is running out of this particular smile)

Last edited by Bob Mckenzie; 11th Aug 2006 at 17:33.