PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How valuable is a MET experience?
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 14:19
winch launch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the repplies guys,

As Gus said, I will be able to log P2 hours when we operate under the AOC because the ops manual will be for multi crew operations.
My feeling is that it is surely a great opportunity. But lets say right after I fly it for 250 hours, therefore just paying back the rating, and now that I have a MET experience and some multi crew hours, I interest a corporate company. The chances are that they also will ask me to pay for the rating on their citation or whatever it is, and if i do, then maybe after 500 hours flying a jet and an ATPL, i ll interest an airline operating 737s which will also ask me to pay for the rating. That's where I feel I am going to. I have decided not to buy a 737 or an A320 rating because I think that it's to risky. If I pay for a rating, it`s only if I have a job for sure and with a garanty that I can pay it back quickly. But then if I try to make it to the airlines step by step, and at every step I have to pay for a rating, then when am I going to earn money and start living properly!? Maybe at the end of the day, I ll realise that I would have spent less money if I had bought a 737 or A320 rating directly. It's just so complicated to take a decision. I already have 700 hours of single pilot flying and I hear that airlines sometimes don't like it when you have to many single pilot hours. Most of the people tell me to go for that MET job, but when am I going to stop paying to get a job???