PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broome Air Services.
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 13:51
Jandakot1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Mary G: BAS is a good mob with a good reputation, good planes, well run operation and a good bunch of blokes.'

That is a rather startling observation if I might say so, considering the big P has one of the worst junior pilot wrecker reputations in his neck of the woods. He, and you, if you are one of his management style supporters, would be well advised to consider that the great majority of young CPLs he sees coming into his organisation come into the position full of vast ideals about their future careers free from GA.

I have never known anyone quicker to jump on the block for demeaning a JP for the most tenuous of reasons, mostly for what I consider to be personally motivated reasons.

I actually got on ok with him (this was more than 3 years so maybe he's moderated) but I saw plenty of evidence that it's not just a straight forward flying job. He develops personal agendas and he doesn't give a crap about who knows it. That's just his way.

His personal failings do not warrant any discussion here, they speak for themselves, but his professional ones certainly do. I would give him a wide berth if I was just starting out - and don't even bother if you're female.

Last edited by Jandakot1; 11th Aug 2006 at 14:25.