PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stratford Metro Crash Report
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 13:43
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Front page Taranaki Daily News

Chaps The above edition of the 10th: was not very nice reading and utilizing a lot journalistic licence?
I have the actual TAIC report in front of me.
So I wonder if I can ask a couple of questions of those familure with the type.
Am I correct in in assuming that the "normal" cruise altitude for this type in NZ is circa FL 180?
The reason I ask is that section 1.6.29 of the report states that a test pilot reported a pre- stall buffett at FL 250 when the A/C was turned using the A/P.and that the "I.A.S" at FL 250 at full power was 120kts.
Now my Q: could someone tell me what would you bee expecting to see on the A.S.I. @ FL 220, and minus circa 25 deg's C, what would be the T.A.S, and what would be the cruise configuration Stall speed, @ say 65-70% power?
Also if the type has a problem with fuel balancing, due flapper valves? ( I want to be carful here) and it is lets say operational norms to lift a wing, then one could say a precident has been set to get around a maintainance issue?.
Also if normally operating at around FL 180, and the same procedure was done , what would be the margins at FL 180 compared with the above?.
One could also ask if C & Tng made the pilots aware of the margins when operating at higher levels?

Chr's
HSnort.