PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk Airport Chaos (hand wringing thread)
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 09:30
spork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“Personally, if I were running a terrorist group now I would engineer a few false alarms, have a few houses raided where police will find nothing. That would be a sure way of causing the public to lose faith with security and intelligence and bring about a lowering of security standards.”
Thanks Issi Noho for some great lateral thinking! All this talk about war, who is suspect and who should be profiled is irrelevant. If you’re in aviation, your biggest worry has to be that these numbskulls will slowly but surely destroy the aviation business. I don’t fly as much as I used to, but when I do I’m not the least bit worried about terrorist action. Statistically it’s highly unlikely to be me. If it is me, then so be it.

My biggest worry, which has been the case for years now, is that statistically EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT I TAKE will be affected by these fools at the airport, who consistently fail to act in the correct manner. Does anybody feel safer that pax are to be deprived of a book to read, and that granny’s Oil of Olay is safely in the hold? You guys want to get organised and publicly protest the headless chicken activity that currently pervades UK airports. Typing away on pPrune won’t get the job done. In all my many years with many causes, it’s been NVDA that worked in the end, not prose.