PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Origin Pacific ceases flying
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2006, 01:24
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree that this is an Inglis screw-up from start to finish. He has a planet-sized ego that precludes him listening to anyone who might know more than he does... one of the reasons that so many promising senior managers have come and gone over the years. Also the reason, I understand, that Pero left - Inglis wouldn't allow him any meaningful input at board level, nor was he allowed to fulfil his marketing role. I wonder if he lost his money... guess so.

It is bad enough that he has now made so many people unemployed, but worse still, he continues to blame Air NZ for his woes. After all the money he was given by creditors, plus the investment from others, he should have been able to continue for some time, if the business was even close to being viable.

As has been said elsewhere - too much investment in uneccessary buildings, the wrong aircraft, poor management throughout.

The only reason to mention the above is that it makes me very angry that so many hard workers have now lost their jobs. Not too bad for the ground staff, but the flight crews will not find other work very easily.