PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 11th Aug 2006, 00:52
ZBMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Globaliser
And it seems that the pro-profilers have all forgotten one Mr Hindawi, who was supposed to be flying to Tel Aviv from Heathrow.

I'll be corrected if I've got any of this wrong. But IIRC, he was clean as a whistle. All the profiling in the world would not have found that which he did not have. His pregnant Irish girlfriend, on another flight, was obviously low risk. She got through standard airport security. But she was unwittingly carrying the bomb that he'd made, and was only picked up by LY who caught that at the gate.

Fat lot of use profiling would have been in that case.
The Israelis have become experts on profiling and this has been used succesfuly with El Al for a number of years. The security measures whe see today are both inefective and disproportionate. All this could be avoided, but this would require vastly improved training for our beloved security officers.
Well done MI5 for having foiled this attack, but I sure hope these increased security measures will be removed soon, and not become semi-permanent. Our jobs are hard enough without having to put up with the over zealousness of some security officers at certain uk airports. Fed up of being treated like a potential terrorist, especially after having to jump through the hoops for my airside pass application/renewal.