PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk Airport Chaos (hand wringing thread)
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2006, 23:54
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the airline crew should understand that the fare paying passengers pay their wages, if passengers are to be denied any level of what the passengers consider to be adequate then they're likely to source another method of transport, how about acknowledging some basic requirements of what your wage payers require.

For the businessman this might be the laptop or indeed a pen and paper, all very well to say check it into the hold but only yesterday I was using my laptop in DUS when my hold baggage had been checked all the way through, if liquids are being banned onto aircraft then might one presume that there are no alcohols or soft drinks in the catering uplift and so it goes on.

Of course it is imperitive that security is tightened at this time but if some people want to permanently ban hand luggage, laptops, soft drinks, duty free's, pens & paper etc. then these are the people that need to be looking for a career change, perhaps a career not involving customer service nor public relations.