PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - does cross channel check count as PIUS?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2006, 20:43
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear. Here we go again.

LASORS (although not a definitive document) lists a number of scenarios, and how to log time in each of those scenarios.

However, it does not list the case where a qualified pilot flies with an instructor, when not receiving any additional instruction.

That doesn't mean in can't be logged. It just means that LASORS doesn't tell you how to log it. So it's up to you to use your common sense.

Common sense suggests that PICUS sounds like the most logical way of logging the time, but PUT also sounds like it might be correct. However, there is sufficient debate on the subject that, for such a small number of hours, it seems sensible to be conservative. PICUS mightbe acceptable, but there is nothing in writing to say that it is, so why risk being accused of over-logging? So, unless Nuclear Weapon has it in writing from the CAA that PICUS is ok, I would recommend he logs it as PUT - since no one can argue that he is trying to over-claim hours if he logs it this way.

As for whether a x-channel checkout is required, I know that when, as a low-houred pilot, I did my x-channel checkout with my club (as the club required), I gained a huge amount of benefit from it. If you don't like the rules, find another club to fly with - after all, it's their aircraft, so it's their rules you follow when you fly their aircraft. End of story.

FFF
--------------