PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 10th Aug 2006, 14:24
A330ismylittlebaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShesGreatintheGalley
umm.. sorry but unless you happen to work for the department that is strictly investigating this issue how can you believe this?
if all you know about what is going on is from what you have heard on the news, read online and heard from friends/work - this does not make you an expert and making such statements as "this was unnecesary" and "those who might of set the bombs are in police cells" is ridiculous.
First of all.. do they know that they have caught everyone?
Second of all.. would you of like to of taken the risk that had they not of done what they did today, TWENTY aircraft would have been blown up (as is being reported here in australia)
gee, thats an awful lot of dead people to mourn, in return for a week or two or airport chaos.
Personally i would prefer this kind of chaos anyday than to have to go to work each day, get on my plane and believe that the government wont take things 'seriuously' until they have solid facts. In this day and age, it dosent work like that.
I hope they keep the high security levels for good and not just for 2 weeks.

Everything can be bought in the duty free shops etc. Maybe for the children we should install PTV's on all aircraft over 2 hours of flight.

I pesonally think we should get rid of visa waiver programs and have visa's instead as each individual would be screened and the visa's probably last longer. And to be background checked by the TSA when going into the USA