PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kununurra - Feb 07
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2006, 11:46
Capt. Crocodile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zendj
*Im trying to find a C210 or C206 in Melb that I can get some hours on before I head up
I went up to Broom Broom & KNX earlier this year. Broome Aviation like 20 hours on C210 but 200 series time means nothing in KNX. Pretty much all the boys n girls that got jobs in KNX had never seen a C206 or C210 before so don't blow all your money. As for the check flight, Alligator gave 2 check fights to some candidates. 1st one is general handling + prec search and landing on a dirt strip with potholes (you probably won't actually land on this dirt strip if it's been raining in last few days) -takes around 1/2 hour and then if they like you they may ask you to come back another day just for circuits. Checkflight is usually in C207 or Airvan. They haven't so far asked people to pay for the check flight! Also suggest you take a tent to KNX. Accommodation is very expensive. Kununurra Hotel has cheapest bed $75 per night or try the backpackers or just put an ad up at Coles to rent a room in someones house. -Good Luck!