PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the culture at Cathay like?
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2006, 11:01
BusyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 green, I am having trouble working out what we're in dispute about. Having been sin-binned myself due a personal conflict with one of the senior management I am fairly confident in my opinions.

The vast majority of C & T's are excellent with a few that don't cut the mustard. These are few enough that your right to request an instructor change covers them (I am not a trainer). With a few retirements looming I hope the Star Chamber will soon be a thing of the past.

Yes, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion

"And I am sure that you politely taught them to do it correctly.
It is not about passing "in the long run".No pilot I know goes into their command or JFO without doing the work. It is about a system with no checks and balances."

And yes, I did teach them politely to do it correctly. Its part of the free training that CX gets from its line Captains. I know of several pilots who have gone for upgrades or commands thinking they know it all and unsurprisingly have failed. I also know others who have been screwed by the Star Chamber and they have all passed on their next attempt.

As for a system with no checks and balances, it seems to me that there are plenty of checks but possibly not yet enough balances.