PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security (Merged) - Effects on Crew/Staff
Old 10th Aug 2006, 09:53
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish Instructions to crew

Our co emailed the regs of which the following extract refers to crews:

Airline Crew

4. Any crew, whether operational or positioning, using passenger search areas must be subjected to the same security measures as passengers.

5. Crew accessing the Restricted Zone through staff search areas must carry only those items they require to perform their duties (including personal hand baggage meeting that description). All such items must be x-rayed where possible and hand searched where not. All crew must be hand searched.

6. However, no liquids of any type are permitted other than those mentioned above as able to be taken into the Restricted Zone by passengers.
[for those travelling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger)]

7. At airports where there is no specific staff search facility, airports should make special arrangements for crew to be screened away from passengers.

Temporary Passes

8. Temporary passes must not be issued without the express permission of the Airport Security Manager.

Company Mobile Phone
It has been agreed with the Security authorities that the Captain ONLY may retain his issued company phone as it forms part of the normal operation
So it seems, jockflier will have no sandwiches to worry about, so no bag required.

I am very concernes, as a loco pilot, how I am going to feed myself at all. Can't take anything on board, so does that mean I'm living on one of two varieties of sandwich, and cheapo orange juice for the forseeable future. That is unaceptable.

edit to avoid controversy and offending wilting violets

Last edited by Arkroyal; 10th Aug 2006 at 10:21.